Focused On God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Focused On God

Home of the Fuzzy People

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What made you believe/not believe?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2006-08-27

What made you believe/not believe? Empty
PostSubject: What made you believe/not believe?   What made you believe/not believe? EmptySat Sep 02, 2006 11:30 pm

Everyone has beliefs on God. What are yours and how did you get them? Who shaped your beliefs?

As long as I've been alive, my parents have been Christians...that certainly did not make me one. I actually just got saved at camp in 2004. I mess up ALL the time....and I mean ALL the time. I'm definitely not perfect. I also don't go to church. Sometimes I go to youth group, but it's an hour away so it doesn't happen often. I don't think you have to go to church to stay saved, just as going to church doesn't make you saved in the first place. My beliefs aren't shaped by a church, or my parents, or my friends. They're shaped on what God tells me.
Back to top Go down
http://focusedongod.tripod.com
JesusFreak07

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What made you believe/not believe?   What made you believe/not believe? EmptyWed Sep 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Well my parents have definitely shaped my beliefs in God, but I have plenty of knowledge myself to defend my beliefs, not just the argument that my parents told me so. I do attend church regularly and it's a blast in my opinion. It really seems to help me stay close to God because God is always there, every Sunday it seems like. I feel sometimes like, if I don't go to church for a while for whatever reason, that I'm missing something. But all in all, my beliefs and opinions are definitely founded in the Bible and they've been challenged many times unsuccessfully.
Back to top Go down
Zero
keeps us all in line...
keeps us all in line...
Zero

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What made you believe/not believe?   What made you believe/not believe? EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 4:59 pm

There's far, far too much evidence pointing towards a Creator God and absolutely none that can stand against that proof.

If you really do study the question of whether or not God exists, and approach it with an open and logical mind, the only real conclusion that I can arrive at is that God exists... therefore, if God exists, we must embrace and obey Him.

It's much better living this way. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/da_man1111
Zenblend
Zenblend

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-09-15

PostSubject: Re: What made you believe/not believe?   What made you believe/not believe? EmptyFri Sep 15, 2006 7:17 am

I've set myself against every other fathomable (to me) belief system out there; and I've come to conclusion that the core belief stating Jesus as the Christ is correct.
As far as the rest of the Bible: that's al disputed too much and has little eternal value.
Back to top Go down
TheFly
TheFly

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-28

PostSubject: Re: What made you believe/not believe?   What made you believe/not believe? EmptyThu Sep 28, 2006 3:10 pm

I could go into a scientific or philosophical argument, but I'm biased in how I interpret the evidence. Then again I somehow doubt there's anyone who isn't. I believe because I want to believe. Logic can be (and most of the time is) flawed. Evidence can be (and most of the time is) incomplete or misinterpreted. I trust my heart. Considering it was science and philosophy that made the majority of the people in the world at one point believe that the universe revolved around the Earth (and I will laugh so hard if they stumble on to something that proves this right)...ya I'll stick with what I trust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you believe/not believe?   What made you believe/not believe? Empty

Back to top Go down

What made you believe/not believe?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Focused On God :: Food for Thought :: Theology & Shibby Stuff Like That-
Jump to: