Focused On God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Focused On God

Home of the Fuzzy People

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dudee this just makes me so mad...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Dudee this just makes me so mad... Empty
PostSubject: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 11:17 am

So my mom is crazy into this "Vote Yes for Life" deal. (Footnote: South Dakota is voting on a bill to overturn Roe v. Wade in our state, & outlaw abortion except for the life of the mother. Also on the bill is the marriage amendment, defining marriage as between a woman and a man, and lastly- to outlaw video lottery.)
Anyway, she's calling up all the churches to get them to this meeting. She calls the Episcopals and finds out (a big shocker), they are PRO-DEATH and they SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE (knew that from the gay bishop). But- they were interested in the video lottery because "you should see the trash they leave!"

[sarcasm] You know what? Let the people have their video lottery. Geezum. What else are the gays and baby killers gonna do for fun when all of 'em are married && all the babies are dead? [/sarcasm]

Ugh. That just makes me mad. Yes- it's a matter of views, but nowhere in the Bible does it support gays or abortion. Gays are an "abomination" and abortion in murder.
Back to top Go down
http://focusedongod.tripod.com
DMac
The Fix-it Admin
The Fix-it Admin
DMac

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2006-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 11:24 am

As an Episcopalian/Anglican (we call them Anglican's up here), I'm REALLY ANTI-GAY marriages in CHURCHES. I don't give a flip what the state does; nor do I have much of a chance to do anything about it, what with a right-winger in charge. As far as abortion goes:

1. If it's a rape, abortion is definatly an option
2. If it's in marriage, 1'st trimester, it's an option

Any other situations, it's getting on for murder.

DMac

edited by the homage-needing admin
Back to top Go down
Zenblend
Zenblend

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 11:30 am

Read this.

All of it.
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 11:49 am

So are those your views, Zen?

Imma read it when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Zenblend
Zenblend

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 12:25 pm

I've been leaning that way for years; I've just recently found it all in one spot, however.
Back to top Go down
TheFly
TheFly

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 pm

Quote :
Read this.

All of it.

Laughing

Ok this is gonna take a while to reply to lol. I'ma wait tell a little later to reply to this (gotta kick my brain into gear).
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 am

Read it. I honestly never dug in-depth to Genesis and saw the two different accounts of man being created... but I'm still not convinced. I know that's not really an argument, but I'm working on it!
Back to top Go down
Zero
keeps us all in line...
keeps us all in line...
Zero

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 2:29 pm

Following are my observations on your link, Z.

First off, I began reading and found an error in the very beginning of the first page. It assumes that Adam was created before the vegetation of the earth, on the third day. The passage that refers to the creation of man in Genesis Chapter 2 is simply re-stating what was already said in Chapter 1. It's like if you tell a story and then re-phrase the main point of it. Same thing.

They state: "As Adam was made before vegetation was on the Earth, he was made during the third day: After the water, but before the veggies."

This has not been proven at all. They're hoping that you nod your head and keep reading without actually diving into the passage and finding it out for yourself. Basically "believe us and don't think."

Also, the "more humans were created on the sixth day" statement is false. They're assuming certain things that are quite a stretch from what the Bible really says. They're assuming that since the Scriptures don't say "Adam" every single time that God is referring to other people.

I call you Z at times. Sometimes I'd refer to you as a person. Same thing.

"Cain found a wife in the land of Nod, a place where Adam and Eve had not been, thus proving there were more humans."

They didn't even attempt to prove that Adam and Eve had not been there. I want proof... they gave none. So I deem that statement invalid.

The entire "Topic 2, Leviticus: Christian Law?" is ridiculous. Evidently whoever wrote that article has not studied the Scriptures at all, because anyone who has knows that the Old Testament laws were fulfilled in Christ, and a new precedent was set when Jesus came to earth and died.

The entire Soddom case is so ridiculously skewed that I won't even address it. Anyone who has read the account and put two minutes' worth of thought into it knows better.

Topic 4... "In these passages, it blatantly states that lust was the cause behind their sin. Not only is lust a sexual immorality, but so is sleeping around."

TRUE. However, that does not help their case regarding homosexuality at all. It simply states what is wrong.

"As I've already proven that homosexuality is not a sin in accordance to the Bible, there should be nothing wrong."

I must admit I laughed out loud when I read this... the article has proven absolutely nothing. Only those who are a) very naive or b) really want to believe this stuff would fall for such trickery.

The entire article seems to be rather twisted... scrap that... it's extremely twisted. And nothing is really proven, either... it's only 'proven' to those who do not know what the Scriptures really say, as a whole.

My conclusion, then... you must have either not studied the Scriptures with the "open mind" you so often promote, or you really want to believe this in spite of you knowing it's inaccurate.

Hope this helps...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/da_man1111
TheFly
TheFly

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 3:17 am

Quote :
Also, the "more humans were created on the sixth day" statement is false. They're assuming certain things that are quite a stretch from what the Bible really says. They're assuming that since the Scriptures don't say "Adam" every single time that God is referring to other people.

Laughing Heh, if anyone wants I can give my theory on who the other people were, but some people might shoot me for it.

Anyway, I will admit something about the old testimant law: I haven't studied enough to know how much of it still applies to our day to day lives. I'm working on it but I can't even come close to saying I know so I can't really comment on that.

Quote :
The entire Soddom case is so ridiculously skewed that I won't even address it. Anyone who has read the account and put two minutes' worth of thought into it knows better.

Well it does seem the violence is the more prevolent issues considering they were demanding the visitors be handed out so the townspeople could rape them, but it did make a point of saying they would take the visitors over the daughters. While this passage never says homosexuality is a sin, it certiantly doesn't portray it in a very positive light.

Quote :
Topic 4... "In these passages, it blatantly states that lust was the cause behind their sin. Not only is lust a sexual immorality, but so is sleeping around."

Again doesn't say it's a sin, but also doesn't show it in a very positive light, and honestly I can think of no instance in the Bible where it does.

Personally I'm under the impression that God made everyone male or female for a reason. Personal opinion: If God consistently shows homosexuality in a negative perspective, chances are if he made you a man it's not a man he had planned out for you. If he made you a woman it's not a woman he had planned out for you. This is personal opinion though, as I can't think of anything off the top of my head to back it up. Just throwing my two cents in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dudee this just makes me so mad...   Dudee this just makes me so mad... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dudee this just makes me so mad...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Focused On God :: Food for Thought :: Theology & Shibby Stuff Like That-
Jump to: