Focused On God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Focused On God

Home of the Fuzzy People

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2006-08-27

ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER! Empty
PostSubject: ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!   ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 10:32 am

I took this from my MSN blog... comment.

Quote :
Georgia mom seeks Harry Potter ban (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15127464/)

Kudos to this mom on her effort to ban something she believes unhealthy. However, even being against Harry Potter myself, if I made the decisions, I would keep the books. If we took out books with Harry Potter because it supported a religion (witch craft), we'd also have to take out books with Buddah, and Mohamed, and JESUS. Plus this is a PUBLIC school. If the mom has that much a problem with it, she should take her kids && put them in a Christian School/Homeschool them.

The thing about the hispanic fiction is ridiculous. That schoolboard was NOT being smart when they did that. "Let's get rid of all the Hispanic fiction in our library, so our tax dollars don't entertain ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!" What the? How OUT OF IT are these people? Let's go ahead and quit teaching Spanish in our High Schools, 'cause if we can't communicate with the immigrants, maybe they'll leave!

All in all, that was a waste of a read. There are other important things to do than banning Harry Potter books in a Public School Library.
Back to top Go down
http://focusedongod.tripod.com
Zenblend
Zenblend

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-09-15

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!   ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 12:43 pm

Quote :
if we can't communicate with the immigrants, maybe they'll leave!

If this were the FYG, you'd see familiar bold asterisks right about now.
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!   ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER! EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 10:20 pm

Ha. Well. Too bad it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://focusedongod.tripod.com
TheFly
TheFly

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-28

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!   ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER! EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 2:51 am

Eh. Harry Potter isn't any worse then most of the entertainment involving witch craft in the last century (honestly allot tamer them most) it's just more popular. Popular things scare people because they have more control. The De Vinci code scares me to no end but that doesn't mean I would ban it. Honestly if people hear that and automatically change their entire belief system then a gust in the wind could change any belief they hold, and even if you did start banning "dangerous" titles it wouldn’t matter. You couldn’t catch everything and the whole allure of the forbidden would make all the sheep flock to follow it even more. *sigh*

Just a side note: I laugh at the people giving massive royalty’s to the author of the Harry Potter books for the sake of book burnings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!   ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER! Empty

Back to top Go down

ZOMG, KILL HARRY POTTER!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Focused On God :: Food for Thought :: Eat Your Heart Out-
Jump to: