Focused On God
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Focused On God

Home of the Fuzzy People

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need YOU!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFly
TheFly

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-28

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 3:37 am

Ok, so recently I was inspired to start a little mini-series. I had images in my head of it being animated. I started righting the script before I realized something. I know next to nothing about drawing or animating. I'm good with sound editing, placement, and script righting and I'm good at coloring and cropping things but it's not really gonna come close to happening if I can't get a decent artist and someone who's good with animation programs. I've poked around with flash a little bit I don't know anywhere near enough of the tricks to get this done, and of coarse I'll probably need voice actors. I was just curious if anyone out there was interested in helping me out with this.

The basic plot: A group of friends (some Christian some not) get to talking about the state of the world and like every other cynical person in our time period, decides it needs a makeover. The difference between them and every other cynical person in our time is they decide to do something about it.

As popular as movies like the Punisher and Boondock Saints were, they decide killing off the bad guys isn't the best way to go about it. Instead, they go after the obvious. Most of the harmful activities in the world are done because someone is gaining something. So what do they do? Drug dealer in your area? Find and burn the pot. Dealer is probably gonna stop paying all that money to have it brought in if his stash keeps vanishing. Underground slave trade? FREEEDDOOOOM! Spend thousands of dollars to high pros to kidnap and keep people hidden to have all the product up and disappear.

Yes I realize there are allot of logistics and planning things to work out but I thought it was a cool idea nonetheless. If anyone is interested I can post character descriptions and some tid bits of the scripts I'm throwing together.
Back to top Go down
Zenblend
Zenblend

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-09-15

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 12:57 pm

If you send it, they will help.

It being a Flash maker, they being me.
Back to top Go down
TheFly
TheFly

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 11:55 pm

Quote :
If you send it, they will help.

It being a Flash maker, they being me.

Flash maker? As in the program itself? Yo es muy confuso.

Anyway I'm just about finished putting the character backstories and the the first little section of the script together. They'll probubly be ready to post Monday night. Glad someone is interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2006-08-27

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 12:13 pm

oh oh oh! I want to! Pick me, pick me!
Back to top Go down
http://focusedongod.tripod.com
TheFly
TheFly

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 3:33 pm

Quote :
oh oh oh! I want to! Pick me, pick me!

I'll need all the help I can get. tongue What do you want to do? (the drawing, voice acting etc).

The script is still not ready to post yet (still a mess of grammatical errors) but here are a couple of the character descriptions.

Mark Darby
Religion: Theist (believes there is a God, but not sure what to believe beyond that)
Education: College drop out
Background: Mark's father left him and his mother when he was eight years old. His mother developed some drug problems after his father left, but kept it at least somewhat under control and still managed to raise Mark in a loving (though somewhat out of the ordinary) home.
Note: I've got more written but I'm only gonna send it to those in production since it's gonna be a major part of the story.
General info: Mark is a big Boondock Saints fan, and was the one who originally came up with the idea that the group should get this vigilante thing going. He can be a bit radical at times, and is known to have a violent temper but is very protective of people close to him.
Special skills: Good marksman, knows tidbits of several martial arts, and is a skilled street fighter.
Biggest flaws: Violent temper, is a horrible negotiator.

Kim River
Religion: Chastain (prefers to think of herself without a denomination, but has beliefs associated closely with Baptists)
Education: Senior High School student
Background: A born and raised Bible thumper, she's the daughter of a pastor, and has been a member of several outreach programs. She's a skilled actor and champion debater, and can be surprisingly sly when she wants to. Her family has gone through a few problems, but nothing as serous as most of the problems facing the other members of the group. After deciding on wanting to be a doctor when she finishes school, she's already passed EMT training and is a certified medical technician.
General Info: Empathetic by nature, Kim hates to see other people hurt. When Mark starting dropping hints about wanting to be a vigilante, she immediately jumped on him about it saying he would be no different then the people he would be killing. She's very strong willed and VERY hardheaded when it comes to...well just about anything.
Special skills: Excellent actor, good emergency medical skills.
Biggest weaknesses: Compulsive liar, too hardheaded for her own good.

Lex Jude
Religion: Christian (Catholic)
Education: First year tech institute student
Occupation: Fixes computers when he needs money, but no steady job.
Background: Raised by stepparents, Lex's real parents were killed in boating accident when he was three. He was always distant form his parents, and nearly anyone else for that matter. Absolutely paranoid of rejection he stuck to the two things he didn't think would ever abandon him: his religion and his computer. That's not to say he never had friends, but he would never talk about anything even remotely personal about himself. If he spoke at all it was either to give his opinion on something or talk about something interesting he found on the web. He met Kim when he was fourteen, and since she's been trying to get him out of his shell ever since, and although she was only slightly successful he's much more open then he was even two years ago.
General info: A computer nerd and a recluse, Lex generally won't talk to you unless it's over the Internet. When in public situations he's very reserved and avoids human contact when at all possible, but when in front of his computer he's a completely different person.
Special skills: Excellent hacker, coder, and technician.
Biggest weaknesses: Almost no social skills, general lack of confidence when not in front of a computer.

There are two more MAIN characters but I need to work on them a bit more. As for how all these people met and got together, that'll show up in the script.
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 5:47 pm

voice acting, kim definitely.

Quote :
Biggest weaknesses: Compulsive liar, too hardheaded for her own good.

=Me.
Back to top Go down
TheFly
TheFly

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Works for me. Sorry this is taking so long btw. Getting it written is the easy part for me. Editing is the pain. tongue
Back to top Go down
DMac
The Fix-it Admin
The Fix-it Admin
DMac

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2006-09-04

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 8:18 pm

Voice acting, if you need

Lex == me

to the max

DMac
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptySun Oct 22, 2006 9:24 pm

um... are you ever gonna get back to us on that?
Back to top Go down
TheFly
TheFly

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyMon Oct 23, 2006 4:11 am

All right, sorry this is taking so long guys. I've got two major problems right now.

1: School. Two of my teachers decided to assign big projects at about the same time, so I haven't had much time to work on this yet, but I have in no way shape or form abandoned it.

2: Still need an artist. If I can't get one I'm going to have to brush up my own skills which is gonna take a bit. I CAN draw but the problem is I generally don't have the patience for it. tongue

Anyway the projects are just about finished, so I'll probubly be able to post the final character descriptions and the first script up in the next few days. Sorry again that this is taking so long.
Back to top Go down
TheFly
TheFly

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 4:35 am

Hate to double post but I figured I should go ahead and give you guys an update. Chapter 1 script will be up Friday night done or not.
Back to top Go down
guitargurl
Ninja Girl
Ninja Girl
guitargurl

I need YOU! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need YOU!   I need YOU! EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 4:34 pm

YES! I'm excited. *waits in anticipation*
Back to top Go down